The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thought 270: Found. . . .and named Angel from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 270

Found….and named Angel

   One day as I was going to get the mail, I found a stray cat. Now I strongly dislike cats, but this one was different. I brought it back to the house and fed it and played with it.  Shortly after doing all that I named it Angel.

     My Grandmother came over that day and saw how well me and my sister were getting along with the cat (which was still outside) and said that if Dad didn’t let us keep it that she would take it.  Well, Dad said no (we already had several pets) and a few days passed where I went outside and called “Here kitty, kitty” or “Angel” and the cat would come running from somewhere in the woods to me. In short, we never did get to keep the cat, but my Grandmother did take her. And the bond that used to have existed between myself and that cat is gone today when I visit: she avoids me and won’t come when I call her. Isn’t that how we are with God sometimes? We are following Him for a while, answering His every call, but then we get fed and placed in the comfortable indoors becoming cocky and prideful instead of humble and grateful.
   Are you still found . . . and named Angel and running to your lover at His every call? Or are you into Yourself and living in your found home?

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks