The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What Do you Let your Eyes be Enraptured with?



What Do you Let your Eyes be Enraptured with?
 

The light of the body is the eye

Luke 11:34 (KJV)

Context: Luke 11:33-36

      Your eyes are the light of your body. That is what Jesus said. O how important it is for us to pay attention to what we are reading, watching and who we are looking at! In the Proverbs, Solomon recognized the importance of the eyes when he said:

He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers; 14 Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.

Prov 6:13-14 (KJV)

For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: 24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. 25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.

Prov 6:23-25 (KJV)

    It is because of God’s Word that we know what sin (what wrong and evil) is. Paul put it this way:

I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7:7 (KJV)

    Watch your eyes. What you read determines how you think at what you believe. What you dwell on ends up coming out of your mouth. What you watch in entertainment quickly takes root in your heart. Lustful fantasies speedily turn you into nothing more than a loaf of bread (Prov 6:26). But if your eyes dwell on what is pure:

Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Psalms 24:3-4 (KJV)

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Psalms 119:9 (KJV)

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. 3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. 5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. 6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. 7 He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. 8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.

Psalms 101:2-8 (KJV)

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks