The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

Thought 272: Saved from the current from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 272

Saved from the current

       On one trip of my early outdoor ventures me and my Dad went with a friend and his dad on a canoe/camping trip. On this trip me and my friend tried seeing how far we could walk through the strong current of the water. Now the water was only about eighteen inches to two feet deep so how hard could it be? We started to wade out. Now our dads were with us too, but after wading a short distance the water was too much for me and I fell. I held onto the river bed with my hands trying not to be pulled away in the current and I couldn’t stand back up. My face was above the water but I had to keep a firm grip on the rocks on the river bed to keep from being pulled away.

         At just the right time, my Dad came to the rescue and pulled me back to the river’s edge were our campsite lay on the beach. Now my Dad probably doesn’t remember that time, but because I couldn’t swim at that time and the fear of that moment has stuck with me for a long time. God has helped me realize that my dad reflects my Heavenly Father. HE watches over me and pulls me up just when the temptation or the circumstance or the situation is too great for me to bear.

Here is a comforting note friend:

  God has promised us in the Scripture that we will never be tempted more than we can bear ( 1 Cor. 10:12&13); likewise I believe that God’s Word is true and He will never allow us to go through something that is too great for us. We cannot be defeated if we are humbly placing our trust in Him!

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks