The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Study Skills that will help You in LIFE

This content comes from our sub-ministry A Different Approach to College

 

    There are certian study skills that will make your entire life better. They help you learn faster and function better in the workplace and getting the information reviewed that someone wants you to read, but you really don't have a lot of time to spend on it. CollegePlus taught me these things: Speed Reading and Dynamic Memory Skills in addition to thier student-only course on critical reasoning.
      Speed reading helped me take my 300 words per minute and get up too about 2,000 words per minute. Now, I still read my Bible slowly to really process the Word, but the textbooks, books I'm interested in but don't really want to invest a lot of time in, and numerous work projects can quickly be speed read and understood. Now, I do not endorse all the methods that Howard Berg uses, but the core skill is useful. It will hurt your head though for about 2 months before you re-train your mind to read faster.
     Dynamic Memory and Study Skills is a great course full of memory improving ideas. I do not recommed trying to incorporate them all because they will not all fit you. I personally use only a few that Brad mentions; however, the principles have helped me to improve my memory and spend very little time in study and review for my tests in college and training for various other parts of life.


Find out more about CollegePlus Here

 

Our Resource: Standing for the Christian Faith in College

 

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks