The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

God Directs our Steps Part 1


    Today, I want to share some thoughts from some recent Scriptures that the Lord has been encouraging me with.

   I was attempting to make a life changing decision recently and experienced what many would consider a rejection. However, in the midst of that time, I just had a peace. "Ok God, you have a different plan. I trust in You, I am not going to try to figure this out. I prayed, searched the Scriptures, got counsel beforehand, but You have a plan. I trust You, Lord"

  On my drive home, the Holy Spirit brought this Scripture to mind:

Proverbs 19:21


New King James Version (NKJV)

21 There are many plans in a man’s heart,
Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.

 

 

    I don't know the way, but guess what, God does. I don't have to worry about what my future will be and stress and worry because God is sovereign!

 

    God directs our steps. False teaching today suggests that God gives us the big picture and not step by step direction. While God can reveal the future to us, Scripture solidly teaches that He guides our steps, not otherwise.

 

Proverbs 16:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

 

Proverbs 20:24


New King James Version (NKJV)

24 A man’s steps are of the Lord;
How then can a man understand his own way?

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks