The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Standing for what is right – Jack


Lesson 7, A Boy’s war manual & our Growth can lead to better leadership

Standing for what is right – Jack

 Several years ago . . . .

       This guy who I’ll call Jack for the sake of protecting his identity, had a crush on my sister. He was constantly trying to sit by her, talk to her, or touch her. He kept on bugging her, and trying to get closer to her. I knew that his actions were not right and voiced my opinion. In addition, I kept my eyes on him like a hawk. I was so consumed with watching this guy’s actions that I did not even feel like I could go to the restroom because I did not know what he would do when I was gone.

       After voicing my opinion by basically saying KNOCK IT OFF, this guy kept on and on not respecting my sister. He was not getting the message of GO AWAY, so I stepped in another way to defend my sister’s honor. . . . Around this time in his life, Jack had had ingrown toenails and they had recently been removed. When he got out of hand, I simply stomped on his foot. This would hurt him for a few moments and then the pain lessened enough that he kept on doing what he had been doing. The “fight” never got huge, but the defense and honor of my sister was at stake. It is one thing to like a girl, but it is a whole different thing to lack respect for her.

        You can learn from this story that there comes a time when peacefully voicing your petition is not enough and you have to physically fight. Now, please do not misunderstand, you never should just go around beating up anybody who likes your sister or annoys you, but if a kid is getting beaten up across the way, what will you do? Will you step in? Will you risk your own safety to help someone else? Would Jesus?

Think about It:

Would Jesus fight to defend the kid that was being attacked by bullies? What about a “guy” that was messing with his sister?

My Answer: I believe He would.
Your notes on the subject

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks