The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Focusing on the Mark---an article from Dec 2011


Focusing on the Mark          By Ryan Marks  (December 2011)


 

“Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.” (2 Tim. 2:11-13 NIV1984).

 

   In the midst of this Christmas season, let’s remember to draw near to the Lord. This year the Lord has brought a lot of changes to my life. Near the beginning of the year the Lord began to show me that I was to leave the Royal Rangers ministry that I loved, and very soon, my fulfillment and calling to that ministry vanished. I was not burnt out, but being prepared to leave. In the midst of the season in which He  prepared me to leave and actually doing so, the Lord gave me a platform and four messages came forth: in May, a message titled, Doing Things God’s Way When Times Get Tough; later on  that month, Pursuing God, then in July, Forgiveness; and finally in August, Hunger. In all of these devotions, the Holy Spirit used me as a pipe to share a message that I needed right then and would need later that year. Those messages came forth in the midst of change and some uncertainty about what was next, but God used them.

    Now, at the end of this year, I have looked back at how much I wrote on and emphasized having an intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit; and, that it is the very thing I have struggled to have this year. I am learning just how essential the Holy Spirit is, and just how essential pressing into the presence of God is and how precious a devotional time with God is.

   The Lord has worked this year even though it has been a rollercoaster in my life. We all must remember to Focus on the Mark: our relationship with the Lord; with Holy Spirit, Christ’s Spirit. It is this relationship that determines how we will live, walk, talk, and make decisions. If there is nothing else that you remember from Devo Blast this year, remember this:

Staying in tune with the Spirit is the most important thing.

Remember: Focus on the Mark! He has a plan even if we can’t see it.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks