The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Clear out the Clutter to be Ready for What God is Going to Do


    One lesson that the Lord has been teaching me is to clear out the clutter. Get rid of goals I set, things I own, etc... that isn't really God's best for me. There are a lot of good things that we can do. O there are thousands! There are many good causes, even ministries, that we can invest our time in. But is it God's will?

     As an author, there are many books that I can write, but is it God's will for me to write it?

     As a preacher, should I preach that sermon--is it really a message from the heart of God or just a cleaver title and bunch of illustrations that I wanted to use?

    I'm being brutally transparent in this post, these are questions that I ask myself. Jesus taught in John quite a bit about how we are nothing without Christ and how Jesus only did and taught what His Father told and gave Him. Jesus said that His doctrine (teaching) was not His own, but His Father's. In reading that recently, I really had to pause and think, do I view "my ministry" as "my teaching"? It is so easy to day to build a "ministry empire" and yet not really be serving God at all.

    Take some time to be still. Don't go on to the next task or hurry away. Take a few minutes and examine yourself. Be still and ask the Lord, what should I clear our of my life? And Lord, what is your will? Where do you want my attention to be in this seasons of my life?

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks