The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Declaring the Sins of a People: the Prophet’s Plight

This devotion comes from Extra Devotions, one of FMM's free Ebooks.

 
Declaring the Sins of a People: the Prophet’s Plight

“Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.”

Isaiah 58:1 (KJV)


     God used to raise up prophets to speak to His people, has spoken through Christ (Heb. 1:1-2) His Son, and speaks to those who truly know and follow Him by His Spirit. However, the gift of prophecy is still used today, but I have found that it often comes through preachers (not “ministers” necessarily, but men who are in tune with God and declare and stand for the truth in the midst of a day and age that lives contrary to the Bible and hostile toward Truth).

       Many pastors are called for at least a season to this prophet role. As they seek God, He brings some hard (stern) messages and lays them on their spirit to preach/declare.  Personally, I’ve been there. I’ve sat down with hopes for a year of encouraging people and hopefully having them be encouraged and happy with me, to like and respect me as I share the Word, but then I get into the presence of God and He gives me the “tough” messages that get me labeled as the spoilsport or downer. The guy that people just want to shut up. Ever been there? A part of you wants to shut up, but you know that God has called you to speak. People don’t like you, but God is not only using you but teaching you that you have to fear and respect Him, not man?

Let’s pray:

Lord, help us to speak and shout when you tell us too, but to be silent when you want us to be. And above all, may we Fear You and not people: may we serve You and not our fear of fitting in. In Jesus Name, Amen.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks