The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thought 336: Respect from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


 
Thought 336

Respect

     We are to respect those who have authority us. The Bible teaches respect: children respect their parents, wives respect their husbands, husbands respect their wives and all are to respect the Lord, both with fear and trembling. We even see David, so respectful to wicked King Saul that he will not dare to take Saul’s life and proclaim himself king. If you really want to go in depth about what respect means—study the life of David.

      I have respected many men throughout my few years on this earth. They have been unofficial mentors in my life: whether it was a Sunday School they taught or a conversation we had, or even a skill that they taught me, I looked up to these men because I could see God in them. And as a young man, I have grown to respect my parents and recognize their wisdom much more than I did as a child.

       Who do you respect? Does Christ shine from their life? Do you admire character flaws and sins or do you love humility, faith, perseverance, godly living, etc…







 

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks