The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thought 357: Take me and Break me from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


 
 
Thought 357

Take me and Break me

Our cry needs to be to the Lord, O! How I cannot do anything in my own strength, like Ecclesiastes declares: everything I do in my strength is meaningless, yet O Lord! Your purpose and your plans for my for my life are not meaningless! Lord kill my pride, help me reject my will. O Lord, not my will, but Yours be done!!! Lord, be my Shelter and my Fortress, my Shield, my Provider, my Everlasting Father, my Good God, my Prince of Peace! May You direct my paths, answer my cries, defend my defenselessness; may You rage my war, may You give me strength, may You work in me to take every thought captive to You, O Lord, direct my paths! O Lord give me patience to wait on you. O Lord, may You give me the strength to climb out of bed early each day to dedicate it to You, to invest in prayer, to speak with You and be strengthened, for You have promised as a strengthen my inner man when I wait on You. Lord, give me a passion and hunger to study and meditate on Your Word. Lover and keeper my soul, let my sin not lead me astray, but keep me ever close in Your loving arms and strengthen me for the battles in which You will come out victorious in my future. And in the life of my wife, and my children, and my sisters, and my brothers, and my parents, and my cousins, and Your people, and Your messengers, O Lord, give them strength! Protect Israel, O Lord, bless them though they don’t deserve it, and bless Your people, though we don’t deserve it. Deliver us from evil and teach us Your ways as only You can. Amen . . . . and amen. . . . . . take me and break me . . . make me useable for Your will.





 

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks