The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Gentleness


Gentleness

 

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

2 Tim 2:24-26 (KJV)

 

     Gentleness. Have you ever noticed how a gentle tongue can break someone’s spirit? A little elderly woman can snap the self-confidence of a prideful gang-member like that with a gentle word. The truth is that gentle words can pierce to the heart. When someone is kind to you even though you don’t deserve it you’re seeing gentleness in action.

     Are you gentle? The Lord’s servant is to be gentle unto all men. That doesn’t mean that He does not stand for truth, but he is to be gentle. I have to admit that I have not practiced gentleness enough. In ministry, it has been rather easy for me to be gentle because I am “hyper-aware” of the effects my words may have. At home, yes you’ve probably know what I mean, there have been times I’ve been quite the opposite with family members. Lord, forgive me. Give me strength to change and to hear and apply the Holy Spirit’s direction. I don’t want to hurt your heart, Lord, nor be kept in a stronghold of opinionatedness. O help me, Lord!



 

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks