The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks book Thoughts


Thought 140

Endurance: Standing Your Ground

Read Ephesians 6:10-20 (When you read verses 19 and 20 please pray those things for me, I need your prayers).

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood. . . .Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”

Ephesians 6:12,13 (NIV1984)

    Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but it feels like it sometimes. However, let’s examine that feeling for a minute. When people just seem to get your nerves is it really them that you are frustrated with or is it something about them or something that they do? Read Ephesians 6:12 for the answer to what are struggle is with.

    I have been going through tremendous pressures recently. Not just a week or a few days, but months. At times, it feels like I hear so many lies and don’t see anyone sharing truth. It’s frustrating, but it is an opportunity to get to draw near to the Lord.

    I can’t say that it’s easy to stand and endure, but I can say that the Lord is with us! In the midst of the fight—yea the struggle!—stand firm! Let’s look at some Scripture and place our confidence in the Lord. Take courage in these, hold fast to them:

“So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” 1 Corinthians 10:12-13 (NIV1984)

“Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long . . . .Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant. . . .The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.” Psalm 25:4-5,8-10,14-15 (NIV1984)

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks