The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Friday, October 5, 2012

Thought 188: Contentment from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 188

  Contentment

     Time is rolling away and we need to do our best to stay content, fruitful, obedient, and, most importantly learning from who should be our most intimate Friend—the Lord.

I describe that Friend as the one who pulls me through. How do you describe Him?

     Contentment seems to come in a very simple way. The best way that I can describe it is taking life minute by minute with peace. Yes, planning things can be good; but when my life becomes a series of events or ministry involvements without contentment, I feel that my personal ministry loses power and I lose closeness in my relationship with the lover and Savior of my soul, the Author and Finisher of my faith, Jesus Christ; and I know that I need to slow down. Jesus truly has changed my life! and by taking life step by step with Him I believe that all of our lives will be following His leading. Amen? If we aren’t practicing stillness; resting and being content in the Lord’s presence, it is very hard to be encouraged and rejuvenated, especially when serving in ministry.

         Without rejuvenation, we “ministers” take the sole responsibility of leading and taking care of a flock of souls, but the problem is that we do so in our own strength. This is very stressful! But what did Jesus say about all this? His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Could it be that when we step out of contentment we start pulling away from His yoke? Paul mentions that he has peace in all situations (Philippians 4:11-13). The best way to follow His hand, that I know, is to commit everything to Him: my future, beautiful wife; my family; my job; my ministry; my rest; my mentorship; my growth; everything!

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks