The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Friday, October 19, 2012

Thought 202: I Want a "generic" God from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 202

I Want a “generic” God

   Have you ever said that statement in the tile inside your heart? Maybe God has chosen you to speak out, to teach, to do a little “public speaking” and none of your friends are being ‘moved’ to do the same. In those moments we sometimes say, “God, why can’t you be generic? I really want all my friends doing this with me, why don’t you move them (call) to do the same stuff so that I stay comfortable? What’s that? O! you want me to move out of my comfort zone…. Ya…ya, I know that you promised never to leave or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). . . . Alright, I’ll do this your way, Lord—I’m just feel so alone.”

     Are you honestly sure that you have never had a conversation like that with God. I made this example up, but at times we really do have more than a little irritation towards God’s will because what He is asking us to do makes us uncomfortable. Consider the importance of God’s sovereignty, love, perfection, and His plan today.

      We don’t need a generic God, we need a God that is all-powerful (omnipotent) and all-knowing (omniscient). Our God is this way!

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks