The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thought 224: A Purpose Driven Life from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 224

A Purpose Driven Life

  A life needs a purpose; otherwise there is no reason for that life to exist, right? No, God doesn’t create mistakes. You might not think that you look the best or are the smartest, but God created you to be you. He loves you and He cares for you.

Read Job 31:15; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Thessalonians 1:4; and 1 John 4:16

The Lord created you for a reason (Psalm 139:13). God wants you to wholeheartedly pursue Him (Matthew 6:33): a fruitful life reflecting Christ will be developed as you intentionally live each day following Jesus (Luke 9:23).

For most of my life I didn’t have a purpose, or at least I felt like it. I would play army men, Legos, and video games for hours on end. Around my freshman year of High School it dawned on me that buying and playing the newest and “greatest” games, chasing “cute” girls, and pursuing having fun had no real meaning or lasting value to my life. My friendships were many and empty: there was no depth, no true understanding or growth for the good of both parties. But one day, the Lord spoke to my heart as I was sitting in my basement writing or reading that He had a plan for me—I had purpose!

You have a Purpose!

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks