The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thought 238: Black Out from Ryan's devotional book series Thougths


Thought 238

Black Out

  Have you ever come close to blacking-out?  I almost did one day when needles were mentioned. So here’s the story: one day I was mowing up by the road at the corner of my parent’s property and was stung four or five times by a yellow jacket. Most of body swelled up with hives and my mom called an ambulance. When it got there they said I was stable and they could take me to the hospital and give me an IV, but there wasn’t any real need to. I am scared ‘to death’ of needles; I hate shots and the mention of needles made me start to turn white. I made some excuse to go to the bathroom right after they said that, but halfway there my vision was narrowing steadily. I turned around and made it back to the kitchen where the paramedics and my mom was. My lips were white when I came back and I ended up laying down to regain my vision—I came awful close to passing out. As I was recovering on the floor, the paramedic said that he “was just waiting for me to drop” because I looked just like the people that are afraid of needles and pass out when they are given an IV. Long story short, if you have ever come close to blacking out, you know just what it is like to have your vision constricted because of fear. Likewise, when fear is dominating our lives it becomes increasingly harder to steer away from the temptations and the broad paths which so often stem off of the straight and narrow. 

When you are blinded by fear you are cut off from freedom.

Thought Provoker

V  Think hard, are you ensnared in any fashion? Is a spiritual ‘black out’ drawing nigh? Or are you already so blinded that you don’t even realize it (lukewarm), because the blindness has been the norm for so long?

   If you are ensnared, Pray and ask the Lord to remove the shackles of fear, and ask Him to open your eyes to what wicked and ugly things (though sinful things are lustfully beautiful at first) ensnare you.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks