The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thought 239: The Desires of Your Heart from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 239

The Desires of Your Heart

 

“Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give      
thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalm 37:4 KJV

  I do not believe that this Scripture is referring to your lusts and fleshly passions when it talks about the desires of your heart. If that it what it meant, God would be condoning sin! However, God does place desires in your heart for a reason. One that has really been on my heart for years is a wife: even a little boy I’ve looked forward to getting married and having a family. I don’t see God moving in this area, yet He is working. HE placed that desire in my heart for a reason, and God is never slow about carrying out His promises. As I continue to delight myself in the Lord, spend time in His presence and share His Word, I am sure that His perfect timing will fulfill every desire that is from Him. Any lustful or sinful desire; however, will be cast to the ground for sin cannot dwell in the heart of a person after God. Sin may tempt, but it cannot inhabit a vessel of the Lord for what fellowship has light with darkness, life with death; how does a good tree produce bad fruit?

Pray and then read the whole Psalm 37; as you do so be prepared to learn from the Lord.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks