The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Man’s Battle, Work and Family – Where is the Balance?


A Man’s Battle, Work and Family – Where is the Balance?

Scripture:

Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.” Proverbs 24:27 KJV

      It is hard to find a balance between work and family, but I think this verse offers us an application of balance. Read the verse above again. You finish your work and then build your house. To me that building your house can mean spiritually and relationally building up your household when you’re a father and husband. Now I am neither of those yet, so I struggle sometimes with how I should balance my time with my family (parents and siblings) and work. I know that relationships with my siblings and parents are important, but they will always be different than the relationship that I have with my wife and children in my own home one day. Nonetheless, I think that this Scripture offers us the insight of finishing up our work and then spending time with our family. Please note that your work is meant to have an end and that once your work is done you spend time with your family.

 Your notes on the subject:

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks