The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Relationships of Purpose Part 1


      My unmarried years and your unmarried years are not meant to be spent pining away in restless desire for a spouse. No, they are meant to be vibrant, filled with an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church, as well as, charging forward for His Kingdom with the calling, the purpose which God has placed on your life. I have found that it is extremely important to remain stirred up about the fact that God has a purpose for my life instead of pining away for a spouse. The principle is charged to Timothy by Paul when he says:

“…stir up the gift of God…” 2 Timothy 1:6 (KJV)
 

    It is extremely important to stay alert about what you are watching and allowing yourself to “endure” in the realm of temptation. Don’t give temptation a chance! That means run, that means build boundaries, that means set your standard very, very high! Stay stirred up about your purity. Do not just endure because with each little taste of temptation that you open the door to, you grow weaker to resisting the consummation of sin. We are weak, but He is strong (STOP AND READ: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10, 13:7-10) ! Abide in Christ. Recognize your weakness. And honor the Lord by guarding yourself against temptation by clinging to Him and separating from the things that entice you.

      There are likely certain places that you cannot go. I cannot go to water parks, swimming with the opposite sex, or watch a lot of TV programs because I know they are an area of struggling with temptation. My mind just fights against me. It is not just a “guy problem” or something that I “can fix.” I can’t fix it. Believe me I have tried, but God has designed me to be visual in this area. The Lord’s answer is not “I’ll give you strength to endure in this situation, but avoid it!” But don’t just take my word for it, take God at His Word:

“And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out!” Genesis 39:12 (KJV)

 
“Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry!”

 1 Corinthians 10:12-14 (KJV)

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks