The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Spiritual Fathers


Spiritual Fathers

 

I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

1 Cor 4:14-17 (KJV)

 

    There are not very many spiritual fathers today. I am not talking about some type of title that someone takes on or is appointed to. I am talking about men of God you disciple believers, especially men who love other young men and ministers as spiritual sons. The same is true for spiritual mothers. O that there would be many spiritual mothers and fathers who would love the fatherless in the family of God!

    Do you have any spiritual fathers? I know I have a few mentors, but to really have a spiritual father who checks up on me, is concerned about me, invests in me on a lifelong basis—I don’t know. May the Lord raise up some men to play that role of encouragement in the Family of God.



 

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks