The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Real Faith


Real Faith

   A person who claims to be a Christian yet don’t believe that God is sovereign in all realms of life has a contradiction in their belief system. If God does not have any guidelines and plan for a certain area of life, then He is not a sovereign (all powerful) God. When this false mindset of having to take matters into one’s own hands is accepted, Faith is thrown out the window. This does not just apply in the issue of creation vs. evolution, but to the world of dating (take matters into my own hands and tests people out to find a spouse) vs. courtship (seeking the Lord first and listening to Him when he brings the right person along and confirms it through my authorities).

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)

 

I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me. Isaiah 45:5 (KJV)

 

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isaiah 45:9 (KJV)

 

O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. 5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Psalms 139:1-6 (KJV)

  

  God’s Word is inerrant (STOP AND READ: 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Titus 1:2) and reveals that God wants to have a relationship with us where we are is fellowship with Him and guided by the Holy Spirit. Jesus has left and He is coming back! But Jesus has not left us empty handed. He has given us a Guide, a Comforter, a Counselor, a Friend, a Convicted and that person is the Holy Spirit, the Helper and guarantee of our eternal inheritance. Read the verses below with a listening heart:

 

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father Galatians 1:3-4 (KJV)

 

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26 (KJV)

 

Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Galatains 4:3-5 (KJV)

 

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:22 (KJV)

 

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
John 16:13-15 (KJV)

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks