The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Do you love discipline?


Do you love discipline?
 

“Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.”  

 Proverbs 12:1 (KJV)

 

“Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.”
Proverbs 12:1 (ESV)

 

   This is a hard verse to stomach, but it is truth and Scripture promises elsewhere that the truth will set us free.

   Do you love discipline? Do you love what it produces in your life? I do. I love having a disciplined day and learning how to be productive. But that doesn’t mean that I am perfectly disciplined. However, I have learned through the correction of the Lord that it is truly stupid to hate correction in regards to discipline. Laying around all day and just “letting life happen” or “fate decide” produces horrible fruit: failure, discouragement, depression, loss of purpose and direction, and more. But when I heed the corrections of the Lord and listen to the rebukes of the Lord; when I follow the gentle, yet firm nudging of the Holy Spirit in my spirit, then comes growth. O how I love learning more about God and the Kingdom! His corrections are firm, but if I hate them, I miss out on so many blessings and the abundance that is produced from the faithfulness to continue loving discipline.

   Lord, may we all come to love Your discipline, for Your ways are perfect and all things You turn into good for we are those called according to Your purpose.
 

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks