The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thought 276: How Christians Succeed from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 276

How Christians Succeed

“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister (servant); And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:25-28 KJV (parenthesis added)

     Christians, too often we do not go about achievement in the proper way. I remember back to my high school years where I humbly served others and achieved tremendous success. People respected me, all I did seemed to prosper; I was content, happy and joyful! The reason why all the blessings happened was not because of my effort. I was humble, diligent, and dependent upon the Lord for things to work out.

“For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” Luke 14:11 KJV

       Where are you? Are you humbly serving or are you going after exalting yourself (pride)?

        Jesus said that to find your life, you must first lose it, spend it by serving others.

       Why don’t you close reading Matthew 20:1-16.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks