The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thought 287: You've always been told.... from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 287

You’ve always been told….

  I have been told since I was very young that I am a leader. As I grew older, I heard the same type of thing. The words of those people have been a blessing to me during some discouraging times. What have you always been told? Some things that others tell us are lies and curses, while others are blessings and truth. First, ask the Holy Spirit to help you determine whether blessings of curses have been spoken over you. Remember the blessings, and forgive those who cursed you—pray that they may experience Christ’s love and forgiveness and as far much as you can, try to share Christ’s love and truth with them if you come in contact with them.

“But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister (servant).”

Matthew 20:26 and Mark 10:43 KJV parenthesis added

 That verse that tells us that whoever wants to be the greatest among men has to be a servant. Did you catch that? The “greatest leaders” in the world today often miss it.  The way to be a great leader is to throw away your own pride and embrace humility—begin to serve. True leadership is humbly following God in whatever and wherever He leads you. Even if it looks impossible and all your men, friends, family, and colleagues say that you’re crazy. Jesus’ mission seemed crazy to His own brothers (John 7)!

What God tells me to do has often made me ‘shake-in-my-boots;’ I am attacked fiercely by the Enemy. But God allows me to be tempted by the Enemy as a test. By that test God teaches me something. Unlike earthly tests, this test is all for me, not one ounce of the test is for God because He already knows all of the results, but nevertheless, He lets me go through it so that I might see sometime later what He has taught me.

What are you being called to do? Be a doctor? A scientist? Entrepreneurship? A Mother instead of just a Mom? A Father instead of just a Dad? Be what you were called to be, it may be tough, but GOD IS WITH YOU!

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks