The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thought 299: Salvation! from Ryan's devotional book series Thoughts


Thought 299

Salvation!

“When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Isaiah 41:17-18 KJV

     Are you poor and needy? I know that I need to be, because spiritual hunger, thirst, and need (desperation for the Lord) opens the door for the Lord to answer me, make the rivers flow, and restore my soul!  David had this type of attitude throughout his Psalms. He cried out to the Lord and was desperate for the Lord’s direction—he wouldn’t act without it.

     Where are you? Pause and examine yourself, are we desperate for the Lord? If so, you may want to record how He starts answering you and providing small bits off refreshment in the desert and on the barren heights. Close this devotional time by reading Matthew 6:33.


 

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks