The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, January 15, 2015

ALL WORK LEADS TO PROFIT

 
ALL WORK LEADS TO PROFIT
 
In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.
Proverbs 14:23 (KJV)
 
    By the grace of God and the revelation of the Holy Spirit, I’ve learned that this Scripture is always true. This Word from God does not only apply to earning money. Instead, every time I work hard in writing, in ministry, in study, in reading, or in investing in a person THERE IS PROFIT. As we go on, I pray that you see why and that the Holy Spirit uses this principle to transform your life.
      Notice the second half of this verse says, “but mere talk leads only to poverty.” Often times our human tendency is to talk and talk about what needs to be done or what someone needs to do or how we should respond next time; but mere talk gets nowhere. I’ve spent many hours talking with people about the condition of our country, politics, the worldly American church, my failing generation, or other countless “downing” topics. But what I’ve discovered is that merely talking gets nothing done. Instead, I have changed my mindset and I try to talk less and do more. Instead of investing so much energy in repeating a conversation, I try to do something to influence my generation for the better, help struggling church members, and stand up for what’s right amidst a country that has abolished absolute right and wrong.
      No matter what arena you find yourself in; if you work hard, God will bring fruit, there will be a profit: it’s the principle of sowing and reaping. If I sow mere talk and ideas but don’t do anything, I get nothing but rotten fruit that shrivels up soon after it has sprouted, but when I work hard to learn, teach, earn money, study, pursue the Lord or anything else there is reward, there is benefit, there is profit in some form.
         As a young man, how are you working hard?
         What profits have come from your labor?
         Where do you need to work hard?
          Get still and quiet and listen for the Holy Spirit. Close this time, communing with Him.
 
Get the Free ebook--Biblical Manhood Facebook Devotions--at www.focusingonthemarkministries.com

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks