The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Apply! Apply!

 
 
Apply! Apply!
“Apply thine heart unto instruction,
and thine ears to the words of knowledge.” Proverbs 23:12 (KJV)
 
  Apply your heart, young man, to instruction! And your ears to words of knowledge! My mission, my resolution when I began a daily personal devotion time around the age of eleven or twelve was to read a Proverb every day and to learn wisdom. I took care to apply my heart to what I was instructed in by my spiritual leadership and I opened my ears and listened attentively to the words of knowledge that many had to share from their past experience. I “sat at the feet” of those men that instructed me.
 
    Daily reading a Proverb is a habit I have kept most days for the past six or seven years and in that time I know that I have grown in wisdom, yet there is still so much wisdom that I lack. Others have noticed my growth though. I encourage you, young men, to seek wisdom and knowledge from those older than you, and, especially, from the Scriptures—for they are the ultimate source of all truth.
 
   This chapter of Proverbs goes on to say two key things:
·       “Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old. “ vs. 22
·        “Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” vs. 23
 
    Lord, may all those who read this be stirred to cultivate a pursuit of wisdom, truth, discipline, and firm understanding. In Jesus Name, amen.
 
Get the Free ebook--Biblical Manhood Facebook Devotions--at www.focusingonthemarkministries.com

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks