The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks book Thoughts



Thought 82

How Do I Talk To An Unbeliever?

“Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” Colossians 4:5-6 NIV

“Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.” 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 NIV

          Have you made the most of every opportunity? Are your conversations full of grace and seasoned with salt? Do you live a quiet life? Do you mind your own business and diligently complete your own work? Does your daily life deserve the respect of outsiders, that is, those who are not Christians? Are you dependent on relationships with unbelievers? Does you emotional support come from relationships with unbelievers?

          I regret many of my gut-honest answers to those questions. I can look back at times when I should have said something while conversing with an unbeliever; but I accepted the devil’s distraction of embarrassment (fear) to paralyze me from doing what is right and speaking up when I knew that I knew that I knew I was supposed to.  We have more opportunities ahead of us to share the Lord, so let’s charge in with the renewed determination to listen the Word’s of God recorded in the verses that we read today. Make the most of the opportunities you have with those who are not on their Way to eternal life! Do not beat yourself up about your past failures; rather, ask for forgiveness and look at the grace that God gives you through the new opportunities you have to make a right choice.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks