The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks book Thoughts


Thought 90

I’m Free! Are You?

          God has changed me so much and the only appropriate word to describe my new life is FREE. I have been freed from several fears that I was unaware of until God showed up and taught me that I had them and how His strength could break them if I would obediently yield to His will. I was once a video game crazy, but God has freed me! I was once a TV junkie, but I asked God to remove the desire for the television and over time He did!! I did not want to do anything related to ministry for years, and He changed that!!!  I have been bound by a worldview founded on television, but HE FREED ME!!!! I have been freed from the chains of a lustful pursuit of young women!!!!! I have been freed!!!!!! Have you? Do you desire freedom from the weight of sin on your shoulders? There is good news for you. Over time, God wants to show you how to surrender your burden by making Christ the most important thing to you. Check out this verse:

   “Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.’” Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

   If you are burdened and weary and just feel like giving up don’t give up! Keep on! Christ will not conceal His face behind the cloud of testing forever if you seek Him. Keep going! Hold on! Christ will show up, He is there right now  . . . . , but it might not seem like it. Take courage in this:



"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you. . . .”1 Chronicles 28:9 NIV

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks