The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks Thoughts devotional book series


Thought 164

Do You know your tool?

    Do you know your Bible? The Bible is the only tool that applies to every situation, circumstance, hardship, and pastime. A man once gave me advice about knowing your tool, the Bible. He told me, “…you need to know your tool. If it just sits in your pocket, when you need it you will not know how to use it…” Do you know what verses apply to marriage, sex, and guy/girl relationships? I have them on the top of my head – Proverbs 31, Ephesians 5,the entire Song of Solomon & 1 Corinthians 7. Do you know prominent passages about the End Times? Matthew 24 & 2 Timothy 3, not to mention the books of Revelation and the second half of Daniel. Do you know the books or chapters of the Bible that are all about raising children, becoming a man, and becoming a godly woman? Titus & Proverbs are important. So do you see the pattern here? We need to KNOW the WORD, not just let it sit in our pocket. We need to search it out, explore, research, and act on what we have learned. The Bible has NO errors . . . either you believe that statement or you don’t, you cannot be neutral.

      That same man, also told me that he had built his life on Jeremiah 29:11 and encouraged me to do the same then prayed with me about my future wife, but before he did he told me that the relationship with my wife would be second only to my relationship with God. I only have written this devotion down because if the advice helped me it might help another Christian. Please, internalize the Word. Know it, apply it, use it.

“For waging war you need guidance, and for victory many advisers.”

Proverbs 24:6 NIV1984

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks