The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan's devotional book series, Thoughts


Thought 154


Make a Purity Creed

         Making a purity creed for yourself helps to steer your in the right direction. This is especially beneficial to men because of the battle against lust. Still, I believe that women can gain a benefit from developing their own purity creed as well. To give you an idea of what I mean, here is my personal purity creed:

#1 I will guard my purity in all situations and do my best to avoid potentially dangerous circumstances.

#2 I commit to guarding my eyes and Job 31:1 is my battle cry.

#3 Since my body isn’t my own, but God’s, why should I endanger it whether spiritually or physically?

#4 I turn to God for the strength to resist every temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13).

#5 I choose guard myself from TV programs which display purity, sex, and using women as a mere ‘device’ and not a sin.

#6 I believe that God will guide me to the woman I am to marry. {Isaiah 40:31 KJV, Isaiah 48:17 NIV, Genesis 24, and Isaiah 30:21 NIV}

#7 I commit not to kiss the woman I will marry (and no one else) until my wedding day.

      Whether you agree with this creed or not, having your own creed will help you to “stay on track.” Just getting something down on paper and reviewing it does a lot to help you stick to what you wrote. Please taking the time to live it out.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks