The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan's devotional book series, Thoughts


Thought 162

 Remember My Dad

       This day will be a description of my Dad and what he has taught me. The focus is to realize our parent(s) strengths, and discard their weaknesses. Boys need to learn to be men and fathers are a major part of that, second only to God.

Remember

My Dad

     “Diligence…Integrity…Don’t give up, son…Stick to what you committed to first do…honor… America is blessed, don’t forget it…commitment … follow God” – these are the things that my Dad has taught me.

       I realized tonight, June 27th, 2010, the day after my sixteenth birthday; that I only achieved my Gold Medal of Achievement (equivalent to an Eagle Scout) because of what my Heavenly Father and earthly Father have taught me. DETERMINATION, INTEGRITY, and PERSERVERANCE (even though it is a struggle many times) my father’s example taught me, prepared me, encouraged me, cheered me on, and pulled me through. My Dad supports me even when I mess up. He reflects Christ in many ways.

       Dad … I love you! I thank you for praying for my future wife with me & telling me that you are proud of me just because I am your son. Thanks for telling me that even though I have accomplished a lot in my sixteen years that you are proud of me, even if I hadn’t accomplished all those things. Dad, thanks for putting up with my youthful vigor and excitement (at times). Dad thanks for letting me learn from other men to: Mr. Wassall, Mr. Newfield, Mr. Wenneker, Mr. Schnable, Mr. Williams, Mr. Sherrill, etc… Dad, without you allowing me to grow and learn from these and still other men, in addition to what I have learned from you, I wouldn’t be the person that I am today. Surely God has blessed me with a Dad like you. HE knew that you’re the Dad for me!

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks