The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan's devotional Thoughts series


Thought 166

A Spirit of Urgency

      Every day, brothers and sisters, the coming of Christ grows closer. As much as I want that day to come so that I will never experience death, I also dread it. Let me explain what I mean before you label be as just another Hypocritical Christian. I love to think about how Christ will come back and rapture His Church “in the twinkling of an eye (1 Cor. 15:52),” yet I dread going because of all the people that will no longer be affected by the Christians of the World. I have a spirit of urgency surrounding my life. Will I ever live another day? How can I affect someone now? I am only fifteen years old, and I can’t have a ministry, let alone run one, right? No, regardless of age God can use you and me for His Glory. The Lord might lead me to write and to preach, but for you He might call to give cookies to the new neighbors down the street and share Christ with them, yet each is just as important for the body because it AFFECTS someone.

      Dear readers, you must understand that the Early Church lived everyday as if Christ was coming back, with this viewpoint or spirit of urgency, as I call it. We can shake the world; not in our own strength, but in His! Persecution will come, Christ promised that if we follow Him that is a necessary aspect that we will partake (John 15:20).   But we should not live each day just asking questions like What Would Jesus Do?, How does God want me to evangelize for Him today? And do I need to recharge my “spiritual batteries” before ministering today?  These questions are focused on me– what do I do? That’s the problem—me focus. Instead, will we do as the Holy Spirit teaches us?

True obedience isn’t prideful.

    Even though we can sense Jesus’ soon return–whether He truly does return in our lifetimes or not—hopefully we will be more open to being used by Him. There will come points in our lives when we have to do something uncomfortable in order to obey Christ, but we often choose to refuse, and when we do we get confused, we often wander through a desert for a while, until God picks us up, dusts us off and says, “Here, I have ______ for you to do.”

     It is not doing all the right things, but a relationship with Jesus Christ that changes us. If we aren’t obedient to Him we aren’t changed. Obedience is the medium that change works in, but do you believe it? We can keep saying WWJD and do good deeds that aren’t God’s plan for us or we can get alone with Him and be taught what to do.

After all, each day we grow closer to Christ’s return and

Each day more and more people are eternally cast into

Hell, because they didn’t accept…A FREE GITFT.

Do you have a spirit of urgency? Is it also saturated with peace and freedom from worry? Would you like it to be?

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks