The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks devotional book series: Thoughts


Thought 165

Prayer

   An elder at my church, gave me two words of advice once. One of them was prayer. He told me that people are always praying for a great event to happen, but they fail to realize that prayer is the GREAT EVENT. You get to talk to the God of the Universe! The richest dude ever! The King of Kings!

    Prayer is important. I encourage the young men and boys that I mentor and teach to pray for their future wives now. Few of them have probably even met her yet, but they can pray for her everyday starting today. They can pray for her salvation, that she is guided by the Word, that she is grows in her spiritual walk, for her faith, etc… In the same way, young women, begin praying now for that guy. Pray for his boldness to stand for God, pray that he doesn’t fall prey to lust, pray for him to persevere, to love God, that he would beware of the danger of compromise and not just ‘go-with-the-flow,’ that he will initiate the relationship between you and him, etc…

      I felt directed by God to start praying for my future wife about a year and a half or two years ago. Since that time my Dad and another mentor, on separate occasions, have prayed for her with me. That mentor told me that the most important relationship I will ever have on this earth is with my wife. I will LOVE her more than my mom or my dad. I know that he is right, but I cannot do anything for that amazing woman yet . . . but pray. . . . Will you pray? . . .  Will seek God about a “romantic relationship” first or follow your heart?  . . .  Will you obey if God says wait?  . . . What if God says, “Not at All!”? . . .  Will you stand, even though your friends fall around you in the “love game”? Will you focus on God or girls (or guys) first? . . . . Remember: where your focus goes the power flows.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks