The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks book Thoughts

    Thought 95

Test the Preacher’s Sermons

          Test the sermons you hear with God’s Word. Paul commended the Bereans for diligently testing the preaching they heard with the Scriptures (Acts 17:10-12). Please, do not believe everything preachers and “Christians” tell you; instead, filter EVERYTHING through the spiritual lenses of Holy Spirit and the eternal truth of the Bible; and yes, even filter what your minister tells you. When I listen intently to sermons and seek God’s truth to renew my mind, while being alert to detect things that are not Biblical, I get a whole lot more out of listening to a sermon. Now I don’t mean to that you should be condemning, but alert. Personally, I get gems of Spiritual truth that the Holy Spirit spoke through another when I weigh what was said with the Word of God that I know, and one day, God will have me share those gems with others.            

          Remember that God’s Word is the ultimate authority in your life and that NOTHING men, the government, or even a pastor does or teaches will ever be higher in authority. Therefore, test everything you hear with the Word of God.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks