The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks book Thoughts


Thought 115

                                                           When I almost left God

          Have you ever had a pity party? I have. I remember one time that I told God that I was just so discouraged that if He didn’t do something to show me He was really there for me then I was going to stop following Him. That evening God worked, my grandmother brought a DVD of Facing the Giants over to watch. That movie came at just the right time! I needed to know that I could continue trusting God, and He used that movie to help me to realize He was with me the whole way, no matter how big my giant was. I still struggle at times believing different things that God has revealed to me, especially when I don’t see any movement in that or those area(s), what about you?

  Lord, help me, and theses readers, to have the strength to resist the doubt and discouragement that the Enemy brings against us. I can’t resist the devil and his minions in my own strength, so please empower me, Lord, and may the joy of Lord be our strength (Psalm 28:7 and Nehemiah 8:10). Accept our desire to have greater faith in You. . . . My faith often, if any, is small, yet You said that even that can move mountains! Thanks God, I don’t feel better, the doubt isn’t gone, but please continue to help me take life one step at a time, trusting in Your strength.

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks