The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

The Most Important Question You'll ever be Asked:

Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Daily Devotion from Ryan Marks book Thoughts


Thought 102

Possessions vs. Possession

          I can have all the stuff in the world and yet not have peace or have the one thing that truly, truly matters: knowing Jesus Christ.

         I originally accepted Christ because I did not want to go to Hell. I did not accept Him out of love for what He had done, but because He was my only way out. Over time, thankfully, the Lord taught me more and more how much that He loved me and as He did so I began to love the Lord for His character, but it took a long time until I could honestly say that I loved Jesus. Praise be to God that He did not give up on me because I did not originally accept Him in love and yet He still worked on me! I do not want to lose my relationship with Christ, and everything else in my life pales in significance; any goal or achievement does not matter eternally, only knowing Him matters.  

Read Philippians 3:12-21.

        Please think about this: have you been putting your faith and trust in possessions or the possession, that is, Jesus Christ?

The Podcast

The Podcast
Find it on Itunes by searching Ryan Marks